contact: alexandramariecarelli@gmail.com

    20090511

    [PIRATE] Guns & Coffee

    Heres a play by play of the last 24 hours. Last night I started working on an
    incredibly challenging paper for modern criticism at 9 pm. Worked till
    1 am, then realized that coffee was just not cutting it and nothing
    sort of saftey pins and cocaine would keep my eyes open. So I took a
    nap, till 3:17 am. I woke up at 3:17 am and forced myself to lie in bed
    for 40 minutes, stressing about the paper the whole time. At 4:00 am I
    turned the light on and started working. I wrote 2 pages by 5:30 am, at
    which time I needed to find another article on JStor. Anyone who has
    used the JStor database knows how fickle it can be, and at 5:30 am, it
    was literally making me sick. After 30 minutes of trying to find the
    damn article, I gave up, and at 6:00 am I fell back asleep, until 7. At
    Approx. 7:15 I turned the light back on and continued work on my essay,
    which I thought was due at noon. I finished it by 9, and layed
    miserably for 30 minutes until I HAD to get in the shower. I eventually
    made my way to school around 10:30 am and arrived at school around
    11:20 and proceeded to the computer lab. Of course, it took 15 minutes
    to print because my 3 year old macbook needs a new hardrive and doesnt
    fucking work. Dammnit. I got to class 30 minutes late, at 11:40 am. I
    sat through the class, paper in hand, happy to be done with it, but
    feeling lucid. A student be hind me asked a question about possible
    resources for the essay. I thought to myself, "Well that was a stupid
    question, isnt it a little late? The paper is due today." Then I
    thought again, or is it? Once class ended, and I heard no mention of
    turning papers in, I tapped the girl's shoulder in front of me, "Is the
    essay not due today?". "No" she said, "Next Monday".


    Photobucket
    It's Finals week, wish me luck!

    4 comments:

    1. at least you have the paper written? I have my exam week in three weeks and I'm stressssssed!

      http://inyourfacefashion.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    2. yes, at least i have it written. :)

      2 finals tomorrow!! today is cram day.

      ReplyDelete
    3. aaaaaaaah that SUCKS. only you al, only you. LOL. but at the very least you got it done.

      ReplyDelete