contact: alexandramariecarelli@gmail.com

    20090414

    [DOSE] amALgamation.

    Photobucket
    Have you ever found a picture or a look that you just FEEL epitomizes you and what you are going for, conciously or subconsciously? This picture and quote are that for me; Girly with a tomboy twist. I can't say that I intentionally go for the tomboy look, nor do intentionally avoid looking girly, but who the hell can honestly WALK around all day in a pair of 5 inch heels? Maybe some of you die-hard fashion-istas with a car can, but my lifestyle of walk/BART/BUS just doesnt allow for it, therefore dresses and combats have become a new uniform for me. This also touches on those of us that don't do the black or die thing, granted today is an exception in my almost fully head to toe black ensemble, but on a regular basis I mix it up with lighter colors. I am not goth, and I am not uber-girly, I am an amALgamation. hm.

    2 comments:

    1. I knooow!Those of us who live in the city and thus there's no parking anywhere (seriously,try parking in Prague?!) so it's walk/tram/bus almost daily cannot wear heels all the time.

      but I wouldn't really go for the combat boots, there's so many nice flat shoes out there, it would be a waste not to be creative.

      http://inyourfacefashion.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yes, there are nice flats, and I got quite into them for a while. But, San Francisco is simply too cold for flats most of the time, and dont you sometimes feel like EVERYONE is wearing the same urban/aldo/jeffrey/wherever boots?

      ReplyDelete