contact: alexandramariecarelli@gmail.com

    20090311

    BEAUTY: Lindsey Lohan has something intriguing to say?

    When I first read in New York Magazine's Fashion blog, The Cut, that Lindsey Lohan was launching a self-tanner line due to come out on April 15th, my first thought was, "Who cares?, another vain celebrity selling another product of vanity". And then, I thought a little deeper. I thought of my own skin baking in the sun throughout my teen years, face and all, lathered in baby oil and tanning oils for days and days laying on the beaches of Maine. I thought of the moles (beauty marks, as I like to call them) spotting my light skin in various places, and the danger that comes with those ten years of tanning juxtaposed with those little potential cancer epicenters. And I realized that at 22, there is still time to save my skin from the suffering others may undergo as skin cancer becomes more and more rampant. Now, dont get me wrong, I slather SPF 15 all over my face every morning, and my body with the same for days at the pool or the beach. But maybe it is time to take the extra step to keep myself safe and spend less time wrecking the only skin i'll ever know. Maybe for once, Lohan has something to say, and maybe we should listen.



    photo cred. nymag.com/thecut

    1 comment:

    1. Wow love the new blog . . . writing and pics!!
      Keep writing . . . great read!!

      ReplyDelete