contact: alexandramariecarelli@gmail.com

    20100511

    i bought an ice coffee with a pile of dimes

    I just bought an iced coffee with a pile of dimes.

    I had asked her if she had any drinks that cost a dollar, she said they didn't, so I first got a madeline for 60 cents.

    I did it because I feel bad sitting in there using the internet for free.

    She said I didn't have to buy something to use the internet, it was nice of her, but I had read this article once that said only cheap people do that, so yeah, I felt guilty.

    I sat down with my madeline and the little white slip with the internet password;

    Opened my computer, got out my book.

    Then I realized I was really thirsty. So I started counting my change at the table until I got up to 2.10.

    Then I put it back in my wallet.

    I walked up to the counter and stood there, counting the change I had just counted, trying to get together 1.70.

    I was kind of sweating, it was really hot in there, and I had just walked 8 blocks.

    The brunette barista could not have had a more impatient look on her face.

    I handed her the pile of dimes, and told her it was at least 1.70.

    She counted it, dime by dime, and gave me 20 cents back

    I felt like a homeless person

    so I put the 20 cents in the tip jar.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment